6.6 lbs. Amber LME, 2 lbs. Amber DME, 8 oz. Maltodextrin, 4 oz. Caramel 80L, 4 oz. Chocolate, 8 oz. Victory grains, 1 oz. Columbus (bittering), 2 oz. Willamette, Safale S-04 dry yeast
This was an extract kit from Brewer’s Best that I picked up at the local homebrew store. The recipe is available online here.
Followed the recipe pretty much to the letter. Transferred to secondary fermentation after about 2-3 weeks. Bottled a few weeks later when I felt like it.
After 2-3 weeks in the bottle I tried and was not very happy with it. The beer was heavy and sweet almost. I ended up giving a bunch a way and slowly worked on finishing off the rest. After a month or so I tried it again and found it had gotten much better. I was sad it was almost gone when it finally hit its prime.